Fall 2020 - VIRTUAL ART EXHIBIT on ASMC Website
November 1 - December 5, 2020: Anniversary Art Exhibit
Reception: Saturday, December 5 form 1-4pm Virtually. Details here:
Exhibit Dates: November 5 to December 5, 2020
Our Fall Virtual Art Exhibit is open to all current ASMC Members (see below). This show has NO monetary awards and NO ENTRY FEE will be collected. Recognition
Ribbons will be awarded in each category (Oils, Acrylics, Watercolors, Pastels, Photography, Mixed Media/Other, and Drawing.)
ONLINE ENTRY SUBMISSION DATES:
Our Virtual Art Exhibit will be displayed on our website beginning November
- Starts - Monday, 10/12/20 at 9am
- Ends - Friday, 10/16/20 at 5pm
- An End of Show Awards Reception will be held via ZOOM:
- 12/05/20 from 1 - 3pm
- Exhibitors will receive a Zoom Invitation by email
● A participant in this exhibit must be a fully-paid current member (see below).
● One (1) painting or photograph is permitted per artist.
● For this show, works cannot be older than 5 years and cannot have won an ASMC prize within the past two years.
● The artwork represented in your submitted JPEG file must be an original work by the artist or a photograph with all elements (with the exception of background textures) taken by the
artist; all artwork must be for sale. No nudes or political statements will be accepted.
● A 20% commission to ASMC will be collected for works sold. Sales Tax remittance is the responsibility of the artist. Inquiries for purchase of art will be made to the ASMC’s
email: email@example.com. The artist will be contacted to connect with the
● Rules for this Exhibit must be followed. For categories with fewer than four entries, the ASMC reserves the right to combine mediums into one category or place entries into the
“Other/Mixed Category”. Ribbons (First, Second, and Third Place) will be awarded for each category. Additionally, Achievement Awards may be awarded across all categories by an
The ASMC Membership term starts September 1, 2020 and ends August 31, 2021. If you are not current with your dues, your
membership can be renewed by mailing a check for $30 for individuals or $40 for household, payable to the ASMC and mailed to the “ASMC, ATTN: Membership, PO Box 722, New Monmouth, NJ
If you are not a member, you can join the ASMC by going to: www.artsocietyofmonmouthcounty.org and follow the
instructions on the new membership page.
Once your form and check are received, you will be contacted by our Membership VP to welcome you to the organization. You may then enter the exhibit.
ENTRY SUBMISSION PROCESS
Step 1 – ARTWORK SELECTION
- Select or obtain a JPEG Photograph of the work you want to enter
- Crop the photo to omit the frame
- Resize your jpeg file. Resolution at 72 ppi; long side not less than 1000 pixels.
- If you need assistance with resizing your photo, see instructions on our website. A cell phone photo is acceptable as long as it is in focus.
- Rename your jpeg file
- Utilize Medium Code for Entry:
- Oil (O); Acrylic (A); Watercolor (WC); Pastel (PA); Photography (PH); Mixed/Other (M); Drawing (D)
- Required Information on JPEG File Name:
- “Medium Code First Name Last Name Title Size (WxH) $Asking Price”
- Example: “PH John Smith My Old Homestead 11w x14h $450”
Step 2 – ARTWORK SUBMISSION
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Fall Virtual Art Exhibit
- Include: your name, phone number and your JPEG File Name
- Attach your JPEG File.
Step 3 – CONFIRMATION OF SUBMISSION
- You will receive an acknowledgement of acceptance within two days.
- If your dues are not current, you will be informed to renew so that your work will be shown and be eligible for an award.
- If you are not a member, you will be asked to join through the website.
ASMC RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY ANY ENTRY THAT DOES NOT ADHERE TO THE RULES
ASMC WEBSITE: www.artsocietyofmonmouthcounty.org
ASMC EMAIL: email@example.com
Art Society of Monmouth
January to April 2021 - PENDING: All at the Middletown Township Public Library
January 9-30: The Toni Wilczewski Memorial Photography Exhibit, Receiving by appointment Saturday January 9 from 3-4pm; Receiving by Walk-in, Monday January 11 from
10am-noon; Reception: Saturday January 30 from 1-4pm
February 27-March 27: Oldies But Goodies Exhibit. Receiving by appointment Saturday, February 27 from 3-4pm; Receiving by Walk-in, Monday, March 1 (10am-noon);
Reception (and Takedown) Saturday, March 27 from 1-4pm
April 3-24: Ruth Crown Memorial Art Exhibit. Receiving by appointment Saturday, April 3 from 3-4pm; Receiving by Walk-in, Monday, April 5 (10am-noon); Reception
(and Takedown) Saturday, April 24 from 1-4pm