Exhibit Dates: November 5 to December 5, 2020
Our Fall Virtual Art Exhibit is open to all current ASMC Members (see below). This show has NO monetary awards and NO ENTRY FEE will be collected. Recognition Ribbons will be awarded in each category (Oils, Acrylics, Watercolors, Pastels, Photography, Mixed Media/Other, and Drawing.)
ONLINE ENTRY SUBMISSION DATES:
Our Virtual Art Exhibit will be displayed on our website beginning November 5
● A participant in this exhibit must be a fully-paid current member (see below).
● One (1) painting or photograph is permitted per artist.
● For this show, works cannot be older than 5 years and cannot have won an ASMC prize within the past two years.
● The artwork represented in your submitted JPEG file must be an original work by the artist or a photograph with all elements (with the exception of background textures) taken by the artist; all artwork must be for sale. No nudes or political statements will be accepted.
● A 20% commission to ASMC will be collected for works sold. Sales Tax remittance is the responsibility of the artist. Inquiries for purchase of art will be made to the ASMC’s email: email@example.com. The artist will be contacted to connect with the seller.
● Rules for this Exhibit must be followed. For categories with fewer than four entries, the ASMC reserves the right to combine mediums into one category or place entries into the “Other/Mixed Category”. Ribbons (First, Second, and Third Place) will be awarded for each category. Additionally, Achievement Awards may be awarded across all categories by an independent judge.
The ASMC Membership term starts September 1, 2020 and ends August 31, 2021. If you are not current with your dues, your membership can be renewed by mailing a check for $30 for individuals or $40 for household, payable to the ASMC and mailed to the “ASMC, ATTN: Membership, PO Box 722, New Monmouth, NJ 07748-0722.
If you are not a member, you can join the ASMC by going to: www.artsocietyofmonmouthcounty.org and follow the instructions on the new membership page.
Once your form and check are received, you will be contacted by our Membership VP to welcome you to the organization. You may then enter the exhibit.
ENTRY SUBMISSION PROCESS
Step 1 – ARTWORK SELECTION
Step 2 – ARTWORK SUBMISSION
Step 3 – CONFIRMATION OF SUBMISSION
Updates SEPTEMBER 2020
Re-imagining the ASMC for the remainder of 2020
Dear Members of the ASMC,
We hope you are all well and managing during this difficult time.
We want you to know that you are always in our thoughts and that your Board is actively engaged via ZOOM meetings (see photo below) to continue planning how we can provide value to our members without conducting traditional in-person activities and events.
With your health and safety in mind, the Board has decided that we will not schedule anything that requires an in-person presence for the remainder of 2020 . In December, we will see where we are and keep you informed about our schedule of art exhibits and meetings for 2021.
In the meantime, we:
If you have a computer, laptop, iPad, or smartphone as well as an email address, we know that we can connect you to our meetings/presentations with one-to-one guidance. Sue VanVolkenburgh, our incoming Co-President, is our in-house expert and will guide you through the process by phone. Our next scheduled Painting Party is today, Saturday, September 19th at 5pm. You may call Susan at 4pm. . You may join with or without video.
Our mission is to promote the arts and encourage creativity.
We are an active group of painting artists and photographers, many with professional designations, who love learning, enjoy creating art, and pay it forward with
scholarships for college art students.
During the pandemic, please join us online at our lively and informative meetings with lectures and demonstrations by professional artists.
As a member, you may participate virtually in any of up to four major Art Exhibitions in
November, January, March, and April. All exhibits are judged by professionals who award prizes and recognition ribbons. For sponsored exhibits, we provide monetary awards in five categories (three awards per category) to 15 artists.
For members who are professional artists with websites, we offer a free link on our
We also offer promotion of their shows to our email list.
Membership is $30/year for individuals; $40 for households.
Our year starts Sept. 1 and ends August 31. Join us!
Check out our photos from recent receptions and demonstrations.
Thank you to Vince Matulewich for taking them!
ART SCHOLARSHIP FOR BROOKDALE COMMUNITY COLLEGE ART MAJOR
The Art Society of Monmouth County is pleased to announce an annual $500 Grant to the Brookdale Community College Foundation for an Art Scholarship to a Monmouth County art student with 24 credit hours and a 3.0 GPA.
The Scholarship is administered in the name of the Art Society of Monmouth County during each academic year.