Responsibilities of Exhibit Chairpersons
1. Verify dates for Receiving, Reception (if applicable), and Pickup with venue
2. Arrange for a judge; verify payment amount with President & Treasurer
3. Arrange for the judge to arrive on Receiving Day after close of Receiving hours (usually 10am-noon) to judge show
4. Arrange for assistants who will mount the exhibit and clean up after reception.
5. Arrive at venue 30 minutes before receiving start time to set up Receiving Table.
6. Receive art
a. Verify that member dues have been paid; if not, collect them with membership form
b. Verify that submitted artwork is original, no older than 5 years, and has not won an award from the ASMC in the past two years
c. Review Registration Form (available online for download) for completeness and signature of artist (affidavit of meeting requirements and liability release)
d. List artist name, media, title of artwork, sticker #, and price on Receiving Form (this is used for the program so it must be accurate; none can be “Not for Sale” NSF)
e. Collect Exhibit Fee and Membership Dues if applicable
i. $5/submission for members
ii. $10/submission for non-members – The Winter photography show is the only show open to members and non-members
f. Sign and give receipt to artist
7. Give art to hanging assistants for placement on walls
8. After receiving all art, prove the monies collected with forms submitted and give to Treasurer (mail or personal delivery: do not mail cash)
9. Welcome judge and note the awards on the Receiving Form list
b. Send list of awardees to Treasurer (Toni) for checks to be issued
c. Send list of entrants entered on Receiving Form list with awardees highlighted to Exhibits VP (Lucille) who provides ribbons & retains information for one year
d. Have Corresponding Secretary (Cathy Dashevsky) send a thank you note to the judge
10. Prepare a typed program for the show listing artist name, media, title of work and price.
a. Make copies for the venue and the art reception (if applicable)
b. Retain all paperwork for one year
c. Prepare ribbons with show, artist name, prize, title of work, and date
11. Recruit volunteers for reception to bring refreshments (food and beverages), setup, clean-up. Up to $50 is available from ASMC for reimbursement for water, soda, wine (if allowed by venue), finger snacks, cheese, vegetables, crackers desserts, etc. NO DIPS permitted. Submit receipt to Treasurer/Exhibits VP.
12. Pick up or receive checks and prepare ribbons for awardees before reception date.
13. Arrive at venue 30 minutes before reception to setup refreshments, etc.
14. Sold works during the show are subject to 20% commission fee to the ASMC and money is collected at the reception from the artist.